Architects, Structural Engineers, General Contractors, Real Estate Developers, and Owners incorporate post-tensioning systems on their projects in order to achieve economy, efficiency, quicker construction and lower lifetime cost of the structure. Why? Because Post-Tensioning enhances concrete strength under both compressive and tensile stresses.
Post-tensioning tendons are installed in a parabolic profile prior to placing the concrete and later stressed to a specified concrete strength. This process introduces both compressive forces in the concrete and stresses that counterbalance service loads. The benefits are substantial.
Post-tensioning frequently solves design and construction challenges that other construction methods simply cannot. Some key advantages include:
- Thinner concrete member sizes; reduction in concrete is approximately 20%
- Rebar in floor elements is reduced by 60% to 75%
- Decreased dead load reduces rebar and concrete in columns and foundations
- Reduction in building height decreases the cost of building cladding, vertical mechanical/service elements, and rebar and concrete in shear walls
- Potential pour cycle of 3-4 days
- Reduced re-shoring requirements
- Coordination with embeds and MEP openings
- Improved seismic behavior
- Reduced deflection and vibration
- Improved crack control and waterproofing properties—especially beneficial for parking garages and balconies
- Longer spans and fewer columns give greater flexibility in floor layouts in office/residential buildings and better lighting in parking garages which enhances personal safety.
REDUCED LIFETIME COSTS
- Lower overall maintenance and lifecycle costs of the structure
- Reduced building height also results in energy savings, especially for office buildings
- Potential LEED® credits for Green building design and construction
AMSYSCO provides cost-effective post-tensioning solutions across a wide range of structures and applications such as condominiums and apartments, office buildings, parking garages, hospitals, schools, slab-on-ground, storage tanks, stadiums, repair and restoration, barrier cable, special structures and applications.